Pros and cons of buying an condominium
- Good infrastructure. Mostly condominium buildings with flats are located close to public transport stops, shops and markets, administrative and entertainment institutions. However, if we are talking about an condominium in the suburbs, there will be no such advantage over a private house.
- Ability to live on the upper floors. Whatever it was, but some people love the beautiful panoramas and the opportunity to view the surroundings from a height. In addition, no one will look in your windows on the upper floors, that’s for sure. Since a private house is rarely above two floors, the condominium in this regard is more attractive.
- Opportunities for children. Firstly, a common courtyard is always a great opportunity to find peers for your child. Secondly, in our time most of the municipal courtyards have good playgrounds, football and basketball fields, exercise equipment.
- Neighbors. With rare exceptions, when you need to borrow salt or matches, the neighbors become a real disadvantage for the condominium owners in the high-rise building. Cries of children, barking dogs, loud music or a working drill are just a short list of adversities that can be brought down by neighbors.
- The noise of the city. Often, high-rise buildings are located near highways and large pedestrian areas, as a result of which the noise of the street reaches even the upper floors. The large courtyard of a multistory building is also not the quietest place.
- Sizes. In general, condominiums in high-rise buildings are less residential than private houses. This factor is very important, in particular, for large families.
- Ecology. Life in the city is quite unhealthy, so it is worth considering whether it would not be better to be saved from the exhaust gases and smoke of enterprises in a green suburb or in the countryside in general.
Pros and cons of buying a private house
What are the advantages and disadvantages of private residential buildings?
Pluses of a private house
- Nature. The bulk of private homes are located away from the city center, and often beyond the city limits. The opportunity to live in a good ecological environment, to breathe fresh air every day and to relax in your own open-air territory will appeal to many buyers.
- Individuality. If the condominium can be decorated only from the inside, then you are free to build a private house or rebuild it exclusively in accordance with your taste and needs.
- Comfort and tranquility. Away from the noise of city streets, you can enjoy the silence, and the area in front of the house can be decorated to your liking, providing it with decorative elements, greenery and flower beds.
- Availability of land. As a rule, private houses are sold with a certain land area suitable for agricultural work. Often the house adjoins the garden, which will become a favorite vacation spot for the whole family.
- Large living area. Compared with the condominium, a private house almost always wins in this plan, often has two or three floors, as well as various economic extensions.
- Possibility to build a garage on your own territory. The parking issue is unlikely to bother the owner of a private house. The car will be protected even if it simply stands in front of the windows, because the territory of the house is fenced with a fence or fence.
Cons of a private house
- Autonomy of life support systems (sewage, water supply system, gas pipeline). This is both a minus and a plus. However, the difficulties here are still greater: expensive to install, difficult to maintain. But you will not be dependent on problems in urban support systems.
- Problems with cleaning. This applies not only to the vast living space, but also to the backyard territory, which will have to be cleaned of dust and dirt, fallen leaves, depending on the season.
Picture Credit: BM10777